Friday, September 20, 2013

9/9/13

My first day of school was today. I can say with certainty it was not the best first day… It started out with me and my host mom getting ready for school. I poured my milk all over the place and that kind of started the whole crazy day process. When we got to the school we went to the teachers building. Then we waited for 45 minutes for us to be notified that the poor man who was supposed to help us got in a car crash. He is alright and doing fine (we went and visited him later that day). So I was told by a teacher to follow a student around all day until I could make my student plan tomorrow. I had no problem that wasn’t the worst thing. I mean all that matters is that the teacher was okay. After that I was taken to a German class and put with these two girls who I followed around all day. I walk in the German “English” class and I am immediately swarmed with questions and laughed at because of my accent. It was okay because the teacher had many questions about the U.S. but he had a hard time not laughing when I had trouble saying words. I think he and the class were a little amused. It was a fun time though, I must say. I then went to Spanish. I had no clue what to do, so the teacher (who speaks wonderful English as he is an English teacher too) helped me with my German skills. It was really nice to have help like that. I then went to 2 more classes and learned just a little bit in German. It wasn’t as bad as I thought and I kind of liked it. It was defiantly hard to understand with the language barrier and all, but I am making it work and Germans are really friendly. I then went home and did all sorts of things. I clan my room, typed notes, watched T.V. , slept, sang on the top of my wonderfully horrible lungs, and talked to my host brother, while my host mom was at work for 7 hours. It was a really productive time. Now I am going to bed so then I can have a great day tomorrow to make up for my crash/bad day today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment