Sunday, September 1, 2013

8/30/13

Today was an epic day! After class this morning, which was super easy, I went to my room and studied. I also got to watch a movie in German (mainly listened while I typed notes) and organized my notes even more. I think they look beautiful J I am pretty proud of myself. After that I went to class kicked butt on a test, and of course had a blast. I wrote a letter to my bestest of friends and then we worked on a group project. After class and dinner I went with a group of students to the fire house. I thought we were going to the local one, but we rode in the fire trucks to one about 6 km away. I got to sit in shot gun and it was a blast. We took a tour of the fire house and I got to use the Jaws of Life! It was so cool. I was also able to shatter a window. I didn’t hit the window hard enough the first time so when I hit it again the second time it exploded everywhere, whereas for the others it just “spidered” everyone and then you had to push it in and it would break. It scared me a little but it was so much fun I didn’t care! After that we learned a lot about fire trucks. We were able to stand on top of the fire truck and we got to spray the hose! I thought it was really cool and it reminded me of being with my uncle Joe when I was little at his fire station! I then met my friend Erica’s old host dad’s best friend and her old host dad!! It was so much fun meeting them! They invited Erica and I down so we could all have a fun time in the town of Hedersleben! ;-) It was nice talking to them and I could tell my German was 10000000 times better! OHHHHH COOL PART!! à I got to try on a fire man’s suit!!! It was so big on me and it was so funny! We also got to talk and eat food and meet the other firemen. It was a great day and I am so excited for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment