Sunday, September 1, 2013

8/29/13

Today we went to Magdeburg! We went to a prison camp and it was really cool to see a different side of the story. We learned a lot about how the Germans made it through these times and how people would go through extreme measures to save their families and not end in up in prison. It was wonderful to walk around and just immerse in German culture. We then were able to get lunch and walk around the city. We had lunch at this amazing Eis cafĂ© and it was so nice to meet other German people and I even bought a wonderful book! I didn’t get to read a lot yet, but it sounded wonderful. I also got to go into the Magdeburg Cathedral. I took so many pictures and it was so nice to look inside one of the most beautiful Cathedrals. It was so pretty and it was definitely worth €2, to take pictures. I cannot wait to go to Cologne and see the Cologne Cathedral! This evening I got on the Wifi for like 10 minutes, until another kid got mad, even though they were on the Wifi for like 1 hour. But anyway let’s not get into details on that. On a kind of bad for all my followers bad note, the people of the monastery cut the Wifi cable so the only way to get internet is to get on with the Ethernet cable. So I probably will update everything when I get to my host family! I am glad I type this every day so I can just upload it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment