9/21/13
Today was a good day. I texted my friends all day and went
to my host brothers soccer game he refereed! It was really fun, but in some
ways boring since I had no one to really talk to. I relaxed at the soccer game
and then went to my friend’s house. We made crepes. It was so fun and we found
out that I nor my friends little sister are as good as my friend when it comes
to crepe making. Then we watched abduction (Taylor Lautner and Lily Colllins)
and played board games. It was a lot of fun and it was a great day. I can’t
wait to see what we do tomorrow!
9/22/13
Today was Kassel’s “Stadtfest”, which means something big
happened. Today Kassel is 1,100 years old! WOW! I slept in late, ate lunch and
then we went to the Stadtfest. We saw a lot of “old cars” and I bought a really
cool German colored bracelet. We saw a lot of cool booths/tents and it was a
blast. We walked around the city a lot and I saw a little more of Kassel. My
host parents bought me a cool cookie heart thing. It is really sweet and in
frosting it says “I dream of you” in German. Then we went home and played board
games for a while. It was really fun and a great way to end off the weekend.
Tomorrow I have a lot of homework to do. My friend is helping me with my math
homework, because he is 1) super smart and 2) can explain it in English. I am
really glad he is there to help me, I’m glad I have made friends!
9/23/13
Today was incredibly long. I took my first “test” (try your
hardest paper) and I think I did AWESOME! I can’t wait to hear feedback from my
teacher. Then I went and studied for a long time. It was really hard to do the
math, because of the language barrier but I tried. Then I met with my friend
and he helped me try to understand what was going on. I still had no clue, but
he made everything a little bit better. They put me in the wrong math class,
but I am trying to understand. It isn’t a grade
(because they can’t give me grades here, they can only write a letter
based on how I did and then my counselor and I will make I a grade when I get
back to the U.S) but I still tried as hard as I could and I swear I had a small
melt down. I went home and studied/tried to translate the rest of my math
homework and I finally gave up for the night. My host mom told me to stop,
because she could see the stress I was in. She took me down stairs and we all
played card games. It helped me, but I was still frantic about math. Hopefully
tomorrow will be okay.
9/24/13
Today was STRESSFUL! I didn’t have history so I did more
math. I then went to math class and it WAS HORRIBLE. The teacher was really
understanding about the whole situation. She knew that math would be a
challenge and she was really proud that I attempted to do all of the homework.
I tried harder than most of this kids in the class. We have a test Friday and I
am terrified, but luckily it is not a grade. I then went to the rest of my
classes and it better. I had a lot of free time today, so in my free time I
tutored little kids (6th graders) in English. I met 3 little girls
who had really good English for their age. I then went home and took a LONG
nap. Then after dinner we walked around the village to get some fresh air. It
was nice. I think tomorrow I will go walking again!
9/25/13
TODAY WAS AWESOME!!!!! I had a pretty easy day with tons of
English. I let my natural hair down and everyone noticed. They said I looked
very nice and it totally made my day better. After English I relaxed studied
and jammed to music. I went to my friend’s English class like I do every week,
and I read over some German papers for the teacher. It was really fun and I
noticed Germans have really good English, it is that they are too shy to talk
in any other language besides German J
After English I had a little more free time and then I helped more little 6th
graders with English. The little boys I helped a lot of questions and it was
really fun interacting with them. On an
even better note I get paid to help. I wanted to help, because I thought it was
cool, but getting paid helps for Christmas! After that I went with my friend
Meredith and we walked around the city where my school is. We took lots of
pictures and had a blast. Then I went home and ate dinner. After dinner I went
roller blading for a while and then went for a jog! Today was a really active
day and I had a blast! See what one complement does! It makes my day!
9/26/13
Today was good. I had an easy day with no 1st or
2nd hour. I slept in did Hw and relaxed. I didn’t have philosophy
class, because my teacher didn’t show up. I went home and hung out for a while.
Then my host brother and I went on a bike ride. We had a really great time, but
when I got home I found out my camera was missing!!! So my host mom and I
hunted for my camera! We found it and it had no damage it! I then went to my
room and talked to my new friends here my old friends back home. Now off to
bed! Long day tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment