10/9/13
Today was another normal day in the life of Saige. I went to
school and had a great time in English and in German also. I then went home and
relaxed. I read the book “Der Besuch Der Alte Dame”, which is really
interesting. I like the synopsis and I can’t wait to read and watch the movie
auf Deutsch! I relaxed, studied a lot of German, and read more books in German.
I have been trying to learn more about the structure of German writing, and I
am really anxious to learn even more. It was a super lazy day and I can’t wait
till next week! I have fall break, which will consist of reading, writing,
mastering German and trombone, and hanging out with my new found friends! Now
off to bed, long 10 hour school day tomorrow.
10/10/13
Today is my two month mark in Germany! It has flown by and I
am excited to see what else goes on in my life! Today was a pretty good day for
me. Chemistry was really hard, but I am slowly getting used to it. I hope that
some people are nice enough to help me, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem.
Everyone helps when they can. I had no choir today so philosophy got moved to
choir hours. I had a heart to heart talk with my “tutor” (teacher in charge of
helping me through the year) and he gave me tips on how to survive the year,
and how to open out of my “Shy shell”. It was really nice to have someone
listen, especially since I don’t have a community representative in my area, or
at least in 50 km. haha! After my wonderful philosophy class I went home and did
homework, so I didn’t have to do as much for break! I went and hung out with my
oma and opa for the night, and showed them my wonderful dirndl. We all had a
great time and then we played card games! Now off to bed! Break starts tomorrow
<3!!
10/11/13
Today was a good day.
I had art today and that was my only class. I went home and just chilled
out for a while. I watched a little German Tv, worked on the computer a little
bit, updated my blogs, and just relaxed. I practiced my trombone and googled a
lot to learn more about said trombone. I still have no idea, so my wonderful
friend is going to help me soon. I went to posaune chor tonight and it was
really fun. My friend just got back from London, from a class trip, which
unfortunately, I was unable to go on. She knew I was sad about it and she
brought me home a key chain and a pencil from London! It was really nice of her
to do that and I couldn’t have been happier. After posaune chor I went home and
jammed to music, until I was too tired. I’m now tying and going to bed!
Hopefully tomorrow I can practice the trombone and help with the church to fix
the church yard!
10/12/13
Today was a blast! I got up super early and helped my host
mom clean around the house. I practiced the trombone for a couple hours and watched
a little TV. I baked with my host mom and went and fed my grandpas chickens. It
was a great morning. Then I got really bored so I went to the church to see how
they were doing. I eventually stayed and helped. My host dad convinced my host
mom to let me stay and I helped clean bricks! It was off and on raining and it
was really cool. The whole posaune chor was there, because we volunteered to do
it. I hung out with my friends while we helped and we all got mud everywhere. I
had a great time helping the church, cleaning and laughing! We finished and
then everyone went home. We relaxed and then later played card games. I talked
with my friend for a long time and it was nice to show off my epic German
skills, even though I did make some pretty funny mistakes along the way! It was
a really relaxed night. We all sat around and watched TV and it was really
interesting to see German game shows and German “make your dreams come true”
shows. Let’s just say I think I won’t be too sad when I go back to the US in a
year and watch American TV J
it was a good day.
10/13/13
After the crazy night I had with my host family, I decided
to sleep in late. I relaxed a lot and pretty much did nothing all day. I
watched harry potter again and dosed in and out of sleep. We really didn’t do
anything exciting today, and everyone was drained of energy. We played Uno
after dinner and I talked with my mom and a couple of my friends for the rest
of the night. Everyone needed a little space after the chaos and I didn’t
agree. Now off to bed, I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow!
10/14/13
Today was the first day of fall break, so I slept in super
late! Today consisted of a whole lot of trombone learning and attempting to
play. I thought it was going to be a challenge and it is a little bit, but I am
catching on really quick, by observing people playing. I need to learn the bass
clef and learn the slide positions without
looking at my cheat sheet but other than that I think I can start playing
songs! I can’t wait to play music, hopefully Friday I can participate in
Posaunenchor! Haha next joke!
10/15/13
Today was another busy day. I read my “Der Besuch der Alten
Dame” for German “English” class, and it wasn’t too horrible. It was a lot of translating,
but the story is really interesting so I didn’t mind J. I tried sending my best
friend’s package, but they are so many things that I just don’t like about the
German postal system at times. To send a 1300 gram box it will cost almost 17
euros! That is insanely priced!!!! I am trying to make the box lighter, but if I
do so then the presents might break! It’s a true battle. I’ll try another time
next week, try to find a good box and if I have to pay a lot I will, I love my
best friend, he is there for everything! I practiced more trombone and I can
play “Mary had a little lamb” which is good, even though it is a small step. I
hope by the end of fall break I can play they Harry Potter theme song! Tomorrow
will consist learning bass clef! Don’t think it will be too hard to pick up!
10/16/13
Easy day I think for me. I practiced a little trombone,
still not learning the bass clef yet, haha, and read more of my book for class.
I went with my host mom to visit my host dad in the hospital. He is doing a lot
better, but he will have to have surgery! All my prayers go to him on November
20th! It was really nice to see him and he was defiantly surprised
that I came to visit, knowing my slight fear of hospitals. I then went home and
tried to practice trombone. I am having a hard time with the slide positions,
so I’m hoping my friend can help me on Friday. He is really good with teaching
trombone! I then helped this girl who is a year younger than me with English
homework. We decided I will help her every week and I’ll make money too! So I can
send presents back, and maybe visit my old host sister in January or in the
spring! I get to Skype with my mom and sister tomorrow which is exciting! I
think the once every 2 week Skype “meeting” is a great idea! It helps a lot to
have a schedule! Off to bed now, going biking tomorrow and hopefully going to
take some amazing pictures!
10/17/13
Today I went biking. Man that was so much fun! I woke up at
like 11, got dressed ate breakfast, and ran out to my bike. I thought the
weather was going to be great, but I was half way to my destination and it
started raining. I didn’t care because I was having a great time so I biked all
the way to the beginning of this really pretty tree tunnel. It was about a
kilometer from my house, but wasn’t a bad bike. I took tons of pictures, and
got the most amazing picture of the tree tunnel. A huge gust of wind came in
and I took a picture right as all the trees starting blowing off leaves! I then
went home and clan my trombone. I had a huge “to do” list so I started that and
ended up cleaning my trombone for a good 3 and a half to 4 hours! It is really
freaking clean and very pretty. It is a little dented, and defiantly I finished
almost everything on my list, and hung out with my host family, like normal. I
was told I could go to a kirmes, which is like a huge party, so tomorrow will
be crazy fun! Hopefully I can go with one of my friends! I know for sure it
will be a great time!
10/18/13
Today was the best day ever! I went and slept in late, and
then finished my “to do” list. I talked with my friends, and got our excursion to
Kassel ready. I’m so excited to hang out with them on Tuesday! It is a most
needed girl day! After that I practiced trombone and finally learned Bass clef!
It was not hard to learn at all and I pretty much learned it in a good 20
minutes. Now matching the note with the slide position is the hard part. My
host dad came home today, so he helped me a little bit. I am met my friend
today and he helped me practice. He taught me tons of scales, great things to
practice, and I actually go to play in the Posaune chor today! Like I played
songs and everything. It was so exciting! I was surprised I could play a lot of
it! After Posaune chor I went with my friend to her friend’s house. We hung out
for a while, and then we went to Kirmes! It was so much fun! The people thought
I was 18, which means I could have stayed until I wanted, while if you have a
16 year old band you must leave at midnight. It made me excited because I am
use to people thinking I am younger than 16 when I am. We danced and had a
great time and did a lot of people watching. I had to go home at midnight, but
my host brother didn’t. I switched him armbands and he stayed with his friends.
I feel like we are becoming closer, which is good, because I’ve been living
there for a month, and we haven’t really talked much! I then went home and now
I’m going to bed, I have no idea what we are doing tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment