9/27/13
Today was not too horrible in school. I had my math test,
which wasn’t as bad as I thought. I had a lot of free time so I translated a
lot of Harry Potter! I then went into another English to help out, and was
invited to come back every week! I was pretty happy! It gives me something to
do since I usually have school until 12:30 and then I go home and do nothing…
After English I went home and did most of my homework. I studied a lot for my
religion test on Monday and then went to Church band. It was really fun and I
am determined to learn trombone. My friend let me play his trombone and they
say that I am pretty good. I think I could play it really good in just one
year! I am determined to start extreme practicing tomorrow! I am tired, and
ready to go to bed, tomorrow we are pear picking and then Sunday I have church
and then a 25 km hike( hopefully a little less!). Crazy weekend here I come!
9/28/13
Today was AMAZING! I woke up late, and then went to help my
host dad pick pears off of my grandpa’s pear tree. I was too short to help most
of the time, but I tried really hard to help despite my size. I then went with
the other girl from the US, Meredith, and her host sister to Oktoberfest in a
small town called Altendorf. I didn’t know I would be helping with everything,
but at the end of the night it was worth it. Meredith and I washed dishes, and
helped all over. We carried crates in for the people, put glasses where they needed
to be and had a great time doing it! I was allowed to keep a huge glass mug
from it all and it was so much fun! We meet this really cool guy who we call
“Chris”. His name is in quotes because we think that is his name, but we forgot
to ask. He was the bar tender there, but he did help us a lot of crate
carrying! We all had a great time dancing, and cleaning and meeting new people!
I hope I get to go the Oktoberfest in Munich!
9/29/13
Today was a rollercoaster. I went to church and really
enjoyed it. I was having a rough morning with my camera. It is apparently now
broke, so church made my day a little bit better. I went home and started
looking up how much a new camera would cost. We leave for Neuschwanstein on
Friday and I have no camera. I was at the point of tears, when my host dad
comes and gives me a camera to use. It is my host brothers, but he said I could
use it. I started to cry of joy and went to hug my wonderful host brother. I am
so lucky to have such an awesome family. I am so happy to be with them for
these 10 months. After that we went on a long hike, and I tested out my new 10
month borrowing camera. We hiked through the woods, and it was really pretty.
It was not what I was used to when I go hiking in the US. There were a lot of
mountains and hills, but it was so pretty. After hiking we went and got ice
cream and enjoyed the rest of the day. I spent the rest of the day with my
awesome host family, watched a little TV and now I am off to bed!
9/30/13
Tomorrow is the start of a new month. WOW is time flying by!
Today I had a super easy day. After school today I came home and watched TV and
did homework. It was nice to be lazy! I went and got both pairs of my jeans
fixed, and then went on a bike ride for a little while. It was nice to get some
fresh air! I watched Law and order special victims unit and talked to my
friends, and my clone(twin)! I hope to talk to her Wednesday, because I have no
school Thursday! I hope it all works out!
10/1/13
Another super easy day was upon me
today! I understood math class today, and was surprised about what happened in
the US. It was really interesting to hear, and in politics class we all got
into a HUGE debate about what is going on.
I went and was a guest speaker in the 6th grade class room,
and they want me to come every week now! Pretty exciting! Then I went home and
relaxed. I watched some Law and order SVU and some pretty little liars. I then
thanks to my wonderful dad bought divergent and insurgent by veronica roth, so I
could read on my trip to Bayern(Bavaria) this Friday! I then started reading
this book called Ranking and it was really good. Kind of short so I finished it
in a couple hours. Not a bad book! Now to bed! School awaits!
10/2/13
Today was great! I had an English test, which was so easy! I
then read some more books, and relaxed the whole day. I got a package from my
mom and I was so excited about that! I got Starbursts! I practiced Trombone for
a little while, because I am determined to learn it by the end of the year! I
watched/ had a pretty little liars marathon and then I skyped with my wonderful
clone for an good hour!! It was so nice to talk to her and to see how she is. I
miss her so much and I miss fighting and making up with her! I miss my family, but
I still have had no homesickness which is really cool! I don’t think I will!
She showed me all my texts people have sent me, and showed me all of my
snapchats! It feels good to be missed and I loved all the little messages
people leave me! I had a great time talking with my sis, and I ended the night
off reading and updating my blog! Now off to bed, I have no school tomorrow but
I have birthday for my host uncle to go to!
10/3/13
Happy German national independence day! Tpday was really fun
and productive! I woke up early and clan my room, and packed for my trip to
Bavaria WHICH IS TOMORROW!!!! Then I did my chemistry homework that I have been
procrastinating on and then started on history. I took a homework break and we
went to my host uncle’s birthday party/get together. It was really nice and
really laid back. I listened to a lot of different German dialects, and talked
a little bit. I then went on a walk with my host parents and my host cousins.
We went to the windmills and I took tons of pictures! We then went back to the
birthday party and talked some more. After the party was over, I went home with
my parents. I then went upstairs and practiced trombone with my host dad. I am
determined to become really good at it, so when he was done practicing I practiced
for another 2 hours. I am only practicing the “zero” tones, because I have a
little trouble, since I have never played a wind instrument. I am really
excited to learn it and I am so determined, and it makes me really happy to try
something challenging! After that we played card games, and now I am updating
my blog and going to bed! Long day tomorrow! Only going to Bayern (Bavaria) no
big deal ;-)
10/4/13
Today flew by fast. After a long of anticipation! BAYERN!!!
School flew by and I was so happy. I got ready to go and then we drove! I was
too excited to sleep or read so I just looked at the wonderful German scenery.
I finally got bored of that so I started reading for the 5th time
Divergent J I
finished it and sat because I wanted to wait till tomorrow to read Insurgent.
We met up with my host family’s friends and it was fun. We had a true Bayerisch
dinner with them and talked for a while. Then we drove to the hostile we were
staying in. It was really cool, and I heard so many different languages! I
can’t wait for tomorrow!!!! I have no clue what we are doing, but it will be
fun!!! Meeting new people!
10/5/13
Today was so much fun! We went into the heart of Füssen! We
went and looked around and then we went to buy me a dirndl! It took a while to
find a shirt to put under it, but finding the dress was so easy! It is blue and
green and everything that I imagined. It looks just like how my great grandma
described her dream dirndl. It is perfect! Then we went to Weiskirche and met
more of my host family’s friends. It was really nice! We went and did a little
shopping in the city, and I got my brother and my friend’s gift, and then hung
out with my host brother and his friend. We then went hiking in the mountains
and it was nice. I did fall down a hill and got my jeans and jacket covered in
mud, so that was kind of a downer, but it was alright. We went to the hostile
cleaned up and then went to dinner. After dinner I went with my host brother
and his friend and walked more around the city! It was so nice, and I saw some
really cool things. I am now blogging, reading and then going to bed!
Neuschwanstein is tomorrow!!!!!
10/6/13
Today was perfect! We got up and went straight to
Neuschwanstein! We got to tour both Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein! I was
able to take the tour in English!! Both places were so rich in culture and it
was just perfect! I can’t even express how happy I am! It was so wonderful to
go to a place my great grandma Mary and I have always dreamed of. It was so
wonderful, yet it brought tears to my eyes. I really wish she was alive so I
could share these pictures with her, but at least I brought a piece of her with
me, to remember how important she, and my amazing support team in the U.S is!
Then after tons of picture taking we left for home. I didn’t want to go home,
but we had to. I hope we come back! While in the car, I started and finished
Insurgent and then started and finished another book, before my tablet died. It
was a long car ride originally 5 hours, but turned into 7 or 8 hours. I was so
happy to get out of the car! There was so much traffic, I was really shocked.
Now off to bed school tomorrow.
10/7/13
So all my classes were cancelled today. I had no classes, so
I could have slept in, but I thought I had class. I didn’t so I went and hung
out with my friend Meredith until my host mom picked me up. When I got home I
watched some TV, did homework, went and got my pants fixed, and then read a
book. It was a really lazy day! Tomorrow I am having a girl day with Meredith,
so off to bed I go!
10/8/13
Girl day was fun! We had school till 9:30 and then we went
around Wolfhagen. We went to the school supply store, and then went to the
bakery and had hot chocolate and cake. We walked around and then went to
another store. We were walking around and I was blessed. In front of me I saw
something so perfect I swear I screamed of joy. It was Dr. Pepper!!!! Of all
places in Germany I found my favorite drink in the whole world in a super small
grocery store, in a super small town, in the middle of nowhere! I bought a
bottle and I knew my day was awesome! Then Meredith and I sat at the grocery
store for a while and just hung out! After that I was picked up by my host mom,
and went home. I read a lot, watched a German movie, and did homework. Another super
easy day! After that I went with my host dad and brother to perform with the
bass choir, for a birthday! It was so nice to see the man so happy and dancing!
I jammed to music, and I am able to borrow a trombone, so now I can practice
and now borrow my host brothers! Off to bed, I have trombone to master
tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment