10/3/13
So trying to get home was exciting, but I made it in one piece!
I almost missed my train to Kassel. I ended up running down a massive hill and
running into the train itself. It was awkward, but I made it! Then I trained to
Kassel and got home with no more problems! Yay! I ate lunch and then updated
photos and just relaxed. I relaxed around with my host family, and it was just
another lazy day in the life of a German. School tomorrow which will be nice. I
hope something interesting happens this week! It would be nice to go and do
something, but all of this pouring ran stuff kind of sucks!! Haha. Let’s see
how the week goes!
10/4/13
Today was a lazy day, as I suspected! Luckily I had tons of
homework! I went home after a super-fast day of school and just relaxed. I got
all of my homework done, and then studied a lot of German. I did philosophy
homework, which was wonderful. I am hoping I can find another philosophy class
to go to, because I love it so much! I also spent a lot of the day trying to
think of things to do here in the winter, and other activities to join. I also helped look for a host family for my
friend, because right now she is only with a welcome family. Hopefully luck is
on our side and we find her an amazing family!
10/5/13
Today was really nice. I had a normal day of school and then
went into the city. I walked around the city for a while and got something to
eat. It was nice to walk more around the city and just see how cool it is. It
is kind of small, but I really like it. I got pizza to eat and then I went to
the school to help with the students who need English help. I relaxed at home,
practiced trombone and just read music. I then had another breathing problem
like I did in language camp. It was kind of scary, but I have such amazing host
parents and they kept me pretty calm. I tried to stay up by I ended up passing
out on the couch at 8. I woke up, went upstairs, wrote this, and now I’m slowly
failing into a sleepy “comatose” state. Good night all.
10/6/13
Today was really nice after last night. It was my English day
and I had a lot of fun. Meredith brought candy corn to class and we introduced
it to the Germans. They now think every American has diabetes, because they
think we eat that stuff year round. Haha! After my German and other English
class, I went home and practiced trombone for a good 3 hours. It relaxed me and
I can kind of play Christmas music. I prepared my friends’ package to send back
for his birthday/Christmas present, and then went to bed early. Trying to
prepare for my long day tomorrow. Philosophy here I come!!!
10/7/13
Easy day and not as long as I thought it would be. Chemistry
was really easy and then I went to politics. It was really boring, but I didn’t
mind. It was kind of hard to pay attention, I was too excited for choir! I then
had English again and then a 45 minute break. I then went to choir and had a
great time. We sang tons of fun music and we did some really weird warm ups in
our seats. It was a great day in the school and I sadly didn’t have philosophy.
I can’t wait for next week! After school I went home and relaxed with my host
family. We played board games and just relaxed. I watched the voice of Germany
and then went to my room. Now blogging and going to bed, tons of stuff to do tomorrow!!!
10/8/13
Today was super productive and really fun! I went to school
and only had 2 hours of class. Art was a lot of fun, even though I have no
artistic talent! J I
then went to the post office and sent my friends’ package, went to the book
handler’s store and got To kill a Mockingbird for my English class, went back
to the school and did all of my homework, and finally started reading my book.
I went home and practiced trombone for a good 3 hours, and then read notes for
another hour or so. I am really hoping to learn trombone well! I then went to
posaune chor. It was not as fun tonight. I had a lot of trouble reading the
notes for some reason and wasn’t as confidence. I think I need to practice a
little more, and get better with note reading. I can’t wait to play complicated
music, and hopefully I can play with everyone on Christmas when we go to the
hospitals and play for the sick people. J
It will be so much fun!
10/9/13
Today was half productive half lazy. I got up early clan my
room, bathroom, and backpack and then organized a lot. I watched a little bit
of the voice of Germany and eventually read all day. I went with my host mom to
the church for a concert and that was so much fun!!! The group sang a lot of
fun music that I knew somehow. It was really nice to hear the music and it was
just a great day. Then I went to my room and watched The breakfast club. Now
off to bed, I have no clue what tomorrow holds!
10/10/13
I have been in Germany for 3 months!!! Holy cow! Time flies!
Today was a really productive day. I reorganized my closet and then relaxed
with my host dad. I read some of a German book my friend gave me and then laid
around the house. After lunch my host parents and I played board games and had
a great time. We watched a little TV and then just chilled around. Then we had
some of my host parents’ friends over. Then more of their friends came over and
then more and then there were like 7 or 8 people in the house just talking and
relaxing. It was nice and they stayed for a long time. When they left we ate
dinner and then watched The hunger Games in German. Now off to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment