Sunday, November 3, 2013

10/28/13-11/2/13

10/28/13
So happy to be back in school! Today was a lazy day for me which was a bummer for me, but still fun!! School flew by and everyone was really busy with other stuff. I relaxed at home, played trombone and finished the Indiana Jones series. I did tons of homework for science, but it wasn’t complicated, just time consuming. I then talked with my school friends and hopefully we will be having a sleep over on Saturday. I am going to the Abitur party on Friday and I am so excited! Tons of socializing and German speaking!
10/29/13
Today was supposed to be a long day, but it turned out to be a short day. I understood all of my classes today and got all of the homework done while waiting for the girl I tutor to come. She never came, but I had to wait because of the bus. I finished all of my homework for the next week, and then went home. I talked to my friends and asked them questions about Halloween. It is not a huge holiday here in Germany like it is in the US, which is really different. I also started gathering recipes from my friends and family in the US so that then I can cook for my host family sometime soon, and maybe I’ll even cook Thanksgiving if they let me! I can’t wait to talk to them about it and hopefully I can cook a delicious traditional meal.
10/30/13
Today was a long and kind of stressful day. I went to school and then went to the Austauschbüro to get my visa or whatever it really is.  We were late to the appointment, and got lost trying to get there. I was very frustrated. When we got there they told me that my biometric photo was wrong, and then I had to pay to get a new one. It was all very frustrating and I can tell you it was not fun at all. We finally got that sorted out, but the woman who was helping us, had no clue how to use the computer. I totally understood, because I have days where I can’t use mine, and I helped her. We had to call the IT guy in the building, and we found out we didn’t have the printer plugged in. It was really embarrassing for both of us, and everyone was cranky by the end of it. Language barrier can be really hard some days, and today was defiantly one of those days. We went home and I went to my room. I just needed a little alone time, I think everyone did. We all just had alone time for the rest of the night, and I ended up falling asleep at 8 and waking up an hour or two later. Now off to bed for real this time, Meredith and I are celebrating Halloween tomorrow and I have a long day too!
10/31/13
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!! Today was so much fun!!! It was my first holiday from my family, which was odd, but I was keeping so busy that I was too busy to even think! I had a really easy beginning of the day and Meredith and I went and found Halloween like candy and had a great time. We got our grades in our classes, and so far I am doing outstanding! The lowest grade I have is a 12(80% in the US) and my highest grade is a 15(100% in the US). The school is really proud of Meredith and I for trying so hard and we are happy that they are noticing that we are trying. They told us our German is a thousand times better and it made my day great. I had a great time in choir and in philosophy. Those 2 classes are my favorite, they beat English class any day! We talked about immortally in Philosophy to go along with Halloween and I loved hearing everyone’s philosophical opinion! Choir was a blast and I met some new friends! I can’t wait for next Thursday! I think it’s my new favorite day of the week!

 11/1/13
It’s a new month already! Holy smokes time flies by!!!!! Today was better than yesterday! It was an extremely fast day of school and then I got ready for the Abitur party for tonight. I did all of my home work for the week end, and I talked with some of my friends who were going to the Abitur party. I finished getting ready and we left! Meredith and I hung out until more people got there and then found some of our friends. My friend Felix bought us a drink (non-alcoholic of course) and then we all just talked and danced. After mingling with some of my friends we went and found some of Meredith’s friends and danced with them. It was such a fun night! Hopefully tomorrow I can go and spend the night with my friends in Kassel! I love having friends here that speak English. Sometimes you just need an English day!! Off to bed, the sooner I fall asleep the sooner I find out if I can go!

11/2/13
Today was amazing! I woke up and Jutta told me that I could go and spend the night with my friends in Kassel! I was so happy I went and immediately packed! Meredith and I finished making plans on how to get to Kassel by bus, and then we just talked. I went to kinder Kirche and helped with the wonderful little kids. It was so much fun, and they were all so eager to teach me German! After I ate and waited for Meredith. See I told Meredith to come here early because we had to go to the next city over to get a ticket to Kassel. She never got that message and she was late. She ran to my car and we were yelling for her to hurry up and get in the car! We drove really fast to the next city over and got there 2 minutes before the bus was supposed to leave! We barely made it and it was kind of scary, because if we were late we would have had to wait another hour, and would have been late! We got on the bus and then got to the train station. We hoped on the tram my host mom told us to get on, but apparently it was the wrong one. So we rode that train to the wrong part of town, and then back to the train station and then finally to the right place. We met our friends and then we just stood there and talked for like an hour. We went and got on a train and went to the store. We bought junk food and then got on the train and went to the movie store. As we were walking my ADHD kicked in and I saw something move in the grass. It was a hedgehog!! I screamed in excitement, and we all stopped and took pictures with it. I picked it up and we all took a good 50 pictures with the hedgehog. It was so cute and I really wanted to keep it, but I’m pretty sure my host mom would have had a fit if I kept it, so I put it back in the grass. We then tried to find the movie rental place and could not find it. We asked for directions and after a good hour, we were told that it is closed forever. We gave up and went back to my friend’s house. We talked and joked and hung out all night and watched American TV. We printed out “New Girl” (TV show) masks for our mini Halloween party and had a great time! We talked about everything and then we all fell asleep. It was so fun and we all had a great time. I can’t wait till we do it another time! Pretty great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment