11/11/13
Today was a rather easy day. I had a really easy but fun day
at school and then came home. I hunted for an Intense German course near where
I live or near castle, but no luck so far. All the classes have either started
or they are only offered in the day time. It’s very frustrating, but I think I
can find one eventually! Then I went to the church and celebrated Saint
Martin’s day. We had a huge light festival and the Posaune chor played. We
played outside the Edeka (super store) then went to another place and played.
Then we finally went to the kindergarten school and played there. We finished
off the night, talking and meeting new people. Tons of people were excited to
meet me and asked a lot of questions! They were very pleased to have met an American
exchange student. I hung out with Lara and we just had a great time! I am
excited for tomorrow! Lara is driving me to school, so I can sleep in late!!
YAY!
11/12/13
Today was an adventure! I only had math today which was
really nice! I played on my tablet a little, did my homework, read a German
book, and then met with Meredith! We decided to “defy time” as I call it. We
had 45 minutes to get tons of things done. We managed to run/walk the whole
time and I barely made my bus. We somehow got from one side of the town to the
other in a good 5 minutes or so! Talk about luck! Meredith is really good with
time! Then I went home! I got a letter from the post office, and they told me
that they have my package!!!! They told me since I didn’t write “used” or “previously
owned” that I would have to have the receipts sent to me. But all the stuff
isn’t new. So my host dad called and they told us we would need a letter from
the package sender. So I talked to my mom and nana, and got the letter. Now all
we have to do it go pick it up on Friday or Monday! After almost 3 weeks I will
get my package! I’m glad this mistake happened, because now I know what to
write on my package! Then I hung out with my host family for the rest of the
night. We played board games and it was a great day!
11/13/13
Today was a surprising day. Today I found out that my best
friend was assigned a new host family, and will be moving this Saturday! OMG! I
was so happy for her, but also really shocked! I will miss her so much, but an
upside to her leaving (which is horrible to say) is that I will actually learn
a lot more German. I had an easy day besides that. I had 4 hours of English today
and everyone was really excited to ask questions about the United States and
about my “American” life. I studied a lot for my chemistry test, that I have
been trying to do good on and then just relaxed. I talked to some of my new
German friends and talked to my host family, and hung out with them for the
rest of the night. It was a really relaxed day and I enjoyed hanging out with my
awesome host family.
11/14/13
So that chemistry test I was freaking out, wasn’t worth the
freak out. I think I understood it all really well or I completely failed. I am
going to be optimistic and say I did awesome! Politics class went by super slow
and then Meredith did our last run to Wolfhagen together. I have gotten pretty
good at “defying time” as I call it and somehow we made it to class early!! Haha
talk about luck! I then went to choir which was a lot of fun today! We found
almost all of Meredith’s teachers and told them about her leaving. They were
all sad, just as I was, but happy that she will have a new family to make new
adventures with! Then I went to philosophy and relaxed! It wasn’t hard today,
which was nice after that chemistry test that I had! I then went home and hung
out with my neighbors for a while. I recorded the voice of Germany and watched
the TV show my host dad wanted to watch. It was actually really cool and
interesting and he had a fun time hanging out with me. Now off to bed! I am not
really ready for tomorrow, because it will be a happy and sad day! I’ll tell
you how it goes!
11/15/13
Today was sad but not as bad as I thought it would be. I was
shocked that I didn’t cry, we both kind of were! We had our last class together
and it was nice. We just talked and hung out while we were drawing on our art
projects and taking notes. We hung out during both breaks in between classes
and took pictures. I was really talkative in chemistry and my teacher was
really happy. I feel a lot more comfortable about talking German and I know that
now Meredith is leaving I need to not be how shy, because if I keep being shy
how am I supposed to make friends! After chemistry Meredith and I took pictures
and then went to the bus. I got on and she went home to pack. It was a good
last day for sure and I know we will definitely be meeting up in Kassel a
couple times this year! I then went home worked on my homework for chemistry
and practiced trombone. I am having trouble transitioning from treble to bass clef,
but I know I will get it! I then hung out with my host parents. We played board
games and then watched the Germany vs. Italy game. It was really exciting and I
loved hanging out with my host dad. I am really glad he is feeling better! I
can’t wait to see what I do tomorrow! A possible meet up with Laretta I hope!
Miss that girl bunches!
11/16/13
Today was a blast! I slept in really late, clan my room,
clan the bathroom and then made plans with Laretta! Her host family said she
could hang out with me for the whole day which was really nice of them! We meet
at the train station in Wolfhagen and then we walked around and talked. We went
and got ice cream! After ice cream we went to the movies and saw Cloudy with a
Chance of Meatballs 2. It was absolutely adorable and we both understood tons
of it! After that, since all the stores were closed by 4:30 in the afternoon,
we just walked around and talked. We went and bought batteries so we could take
more pictures and I showed her around the town. She thought it was adorable and
she took more pictures on my camera than I did. We then went to the cute little
park and took pictures. It was really cold but really fun! We talked about both
going to Frankfurt for our friend Keili’s birthday! After pictures and walking
around we went and got food at the pizza place. Then we went to the train
station and she went home. I then went home and talked to my old host mom about
visiting in January! I filled out travel requests for this weekend’s friend’s
birthday party (hopefully to which I could go to) and a travel request to visit
my old host family!
11/17/13
Today was nice and active. I went to church with my host
parents and then went home and relaxed. We then after lunch, relaxed and went
on a long walk. We walked and met my host family’s friends. We talked back to
the house and talked for a while. The rest of our friend’s family came to the
house and we had coffee and cake. We talked around the table for a while and
then they went home. I talked to my family about my Christmas wish list, and
talked about how I would like an iPhone or a cheap smart phone so then I could
get whatsapp. Germans aren’t big on normal texting because it is really
expensive, so they all love whatsapp. I love my tablet, but it is hard to talk
to people when it depends on Wifi! I can’t wait to get the unlocked Iphone,
because then it would be so much easier to talk to everyone! I can’t wait! After
that I talked with my papa, because today is his birthday, and then updated my
blogs!!! YAY! I then talked with Meredith about her new host family, and
relaxed with my host family for the rest of the night! Now off to bed! Tomorrow
is my first day of no English people in my school! Super excited, but kind of
nervous! I will now know what it is like to be a true exchange student!
No comments:
Post a Comment