Hi my name is Saige and I am 16 years old. I live in Olathe, Kansas and I am going to blog my year abroad as an exchange student! I will be living in Bad Emstal, Germany and hopefully I help students want to become an exchange students themselves!
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Leaving Part 1: Goodbyes and my Chicago surprise!
Leaving
everyone was the hardest thing to do. I will miss everyone so much and there
was tons of crying but it took a lot to get here today so I’m going to miss my
family, but enjoy my year abroad. Mom was distraught and so was my twin, nana,
best friend, and dad. I will miss them so much, but I am confident they will be
happy for me after a day of grief shopping. I made it to Chicago safely, talked
to some really nice people who gave me lots of advice, ran into my friends mom,
who flew with me to Chicago and helped me find my way, and got a little surprise!
Upon arriving at my gate, I met two of the 50 CBYX students! Sky and Paola,
from Arizona, where there and I sat and hung out with them while we waited for
our flight. Then another surprise came when one of my bestest friends
Finn”again” showed up and all 3 of us waited on our flight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment